Wednesday, September 17, 2008

update//photo essay


I just got back from a quick trip to Boulder, Co. this morning. Me, Vanessa and Alyson went to go see Jenny Lewis at the Fox Theatre. I was a little unsure about this new album, what with her experimenting with her top register and all (the recordings back up my hesitation about this). But, live, she was incredible. The uncomfortable reaching for notes that you hear on the album disappeared into a sultry falsetto on stage. Also, check out the jumpsuit!



My birdbladder forced Alyson to pull off the highway to find a bathroom, which led me to this little gem. Since childhood, I have been gently obsessed with ramshackle houses, decrepit buildings, spaces that seemed forgotten. My parents had a thing for going on drives to simply look at houses. Not even for buying. Just to look.

I especially love the handpainted sign.



I drove all the way to Orem at 6 am and all I got was this lousy sunflower....
We got up for the Grand Opening of the Sunflower Market in Orem. We even got to hear the mayor speak. Whoo-wee!



My studio space.



And the friends that keep me company there.

No comments: